About the Retreater
- When you book a retreat The Retreater provides and is responsible for the Platform – but not the travel experience itself.
- We take reasonable care in providing our Platform, but we can’t guarantee that everything on it is accurate (we get information from the Retreat Providers). To the extent permitted by law, we can’t be held responsible for any errors, any interruptions, or any missing bits of information - although we will do everything we can to correct/fix them as soon as we can.
- Our Platform is not a recommendation or endorsement of any Retreat Provider or its products, services, facilities, etc.
- The Retreater is not a party to the terms between you and the Retreat Provider. The Retreat Provider is solely responsible for the Travel Experience.
- To make a Booking, you will need to create a Retreater Account. Please make sure all your info (including payment and contact details) is correct and up to date, or you might find you can’t access your Travel Experience(s). You’re responsible for anything that happens with your Account, so please don’t let anyone else use it.
- As a valued Retreater, you will:
- Comply with all applicable laws
- Cooperate with any anti-fraud/anti-money laundering checks we need to carry out
- Not use The Retreater to cause a nuisance or make fake Bookings
- Use the Travel Experience and/or Platform for their intended purpose
- Not cause any nuisance or damage, and not behave inappropriately to the Retreat Provider’s personnel.
Prices and Payment
- When you make a Booking, you agree to pay the cost of the Travel Experience, including any charges and taxes that may apply.
- To book a retreat, the Retreat Provider will require an Upfront Payment. The Retreater will be responsible for managing your payment and ensuring the completion of your transaction with the Retreat Provider.
- When you make a Booking, you accept the applicable policies as displayed in the booking process. The cancellation policy will follow the Retreat Provider's cancellation policy and any other policies (about age requirements, gender etc.) This information will be available through the Retreat Provider information pages, during the booking process, in the fine print, and/or in the confirmation email.
- If you cancel a Booking or don't show up, any cancellation/no-show fee and any refund will depend on the Retreat Provider's cancellation/no-show policy.
- If you think you're not going to arrive on time, please contact your Retreat Provider and tell them when they can expect you, so they don't cancel your Booking. If you’re late, we are not liable for the consequences (e.g. the cancellation of your Booking, or any fees the Retreat Provider may charge).
- As the person making the Booking, you are responsible for the actions and behaviour (in relation to the Travel Experience) of everyone in the group you book for. You are also responsible for obtaining their permission before providing us with their personal data.
- To reserve a spot on a Retreat using The Retreater’s deposit option, a non-refundable booking fee of 30% of the room price per person is required upon booking. Payment of any outstanding sums owed (the balance) must be made before the specified Payment Due Date for the Retreat which you are booking. The Payment Due Date is 8 weeks before the Retreat start date. Final balances are due by the Payment Due Date. If final payments are not received by the Payment Due Date, The Retreater reserves the right to cancel your reservation and accept new reservations for your space. The Retreater will send you a reminder email and payment instructions to your elected email address.
Intellectual property rights
- You are not allowed to monitor, copy, scrape/crawl, download, reproduce or otherwise use anything on our Platform for any commercial purpose without written permission of The Retreater.
If you have a query or complaint, please contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can help us help you as quickly as possible - by providing:
- Your Booking confirmation number, your contact details and the email address you used when you made your Booking
- A summary of the issue, including how you’d like us to help you
- Any supporting documents (bank statement, pictures, receipts, etc.)
All queries and complaints are recorded, and the most urgent ones are treated as highest priority.